Chicago, the smelly onion.

We've been in Chicago for three days now, and while it's an amazing city we haven't done nearly as much as we did in California. It's just how we want it though; Kate's been writing up her dissertation and I've been reading a lot.

The apartment we're staying is on the 23rd floor, giving us this dizzying view. I still can't stand too close to the window.


Yesterday, on Earth Day, me and Kate walked around Michigan Avenue and the surrounding areas, visiting the Natural History Museum, Chicago Tribune, Millenium Park, and seeing the famous amish peoplr, and seeing a giant reflective bean.













Although I love seeing landmarks, my favourite bit about travelling is taking in the sounds and smells. It's been great laughing at tv adverts, getting confused when crossing the street, riding on the bus and failing to understand taxi drivers. Everyone here seems to own an iPod or iPhone and there's so much variety when it comes to fashion. I see what people mean when they say cities are 'alive' and as much as I love Bangor, I'll be quite saddened by the silence when I return.



More tomorrow...

0 comments: