Please sir, may I have some more?

Friday has been our most relaxed day yet, though it very nearly ended with me vomiting meat and wine everywhere.

The day consisted of visiting different wineries and partaking in wine tasting sessions. As much as I do enjoy wine, I can only nod when we're told a wine is oaky, soft, or crispy. Those words for me don't describe wine, and I'd have preferred 'fizzier', or 'nicer'.

Still, I was very grateful to be given the opportunity and half the joy is in seeing these beautiful places.









Look at all that wine! Red is now my favourite.

Once this was done we retired back to our apartment and began our poolside barbeque. Starting at about eight o'clock, and finishing eating at about midnight. I could have gone longer, but I feared I would explode. Kate's dad is a master cook, and we enjoyed piles of meat, and some veg, including portabello mushrooms, cheese and bread, cheese and eggplant (auburgine), steak (with Boursin on bread! A new favourite) sausages, scallops wrapped in bacon, and giant racks of ribs. There were six of us, but it was still mountains of food.









And today (Saturday) me and Kate are off to explore San Francisco!

0 comments: