Bridges and Wine make a very good time!

Our second day is almost over and we're settled in our apartment now in Napa Valley.
Today has been full of highlights, from crossing over Golden Gate bridge, visiting a wine garden, staring at crabs and lobster in a fish tank before being boiled, trying to fell slanted trees at Half Moon Bay, and to Kate catching the maid using our toilet, it's all been rather interesting.

The weather has been very nice, with just the right amount of sun to ensure my ginger skin stays warm without my body succumbing to sun stroke. The day has mostly been filled with driving, and stopping in places to pick up food or taste the local wines. The Golden Gate bridge was an amazing site, and Alcatraz was in viewing distance too. The sense of scale of the bridge is immense, and all I can say is that it as really, really big.

And red. Not golden at all.


There's better pictures on facebook, and Flickr soon when I set that up.

The apartment that we're in now is the one we'll stay in for the rest of the week, and it's gorgeous. There's a massive walk in shower, a jacuzzi bath, a balcony and just a huge living room area and kitchen. The pictures don't do it justice, and again there's more on facebook.









For obviously sad reasons though, I seem
to feel most excited about the free WiFi service that's available.

My second day here has been much more exciting. The long drives have shown me the amazing Californian cities and countryside, if you can call it that, and coastline. The food here is amazing and worthy of the holiday itself, and the people are really nice. Despite all my preconceptions about Americans being loud and obnoxious I've found them to be very polite, even if they can't grasp the concept of queues.

3 comments:

Andy said...

You being in another country makes me sad Jim. Very sad.

Enjoy all the American-ness!

Fr Peter Weatherby said...

Jim -I'm disappointed that you've not made any use of audioboo yet.I have from Lourdes!

Luv, Dad

Jim said...

Audioboo just isn't for me, Dad! I can't see how it'll work well for what I want. The only time I use tv wifi is in our apartment, most places we visit have only sporadic coverage and today at Yosemite we couldn't even get any network coverage.

I just prefer getting the blog ready on my phone then uploading it when I get to a wifi area